Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Going to Italy

Well, it doesn't take much investigation to figure out that this blogging thing never caught on with me. However, I'm happy to say that when I finally needed it, my blog was still here for me! In just a few weeks, I'm going to be taking the trip of a lifetime - 3 1/2 weeks riding bikes through much of the country of Italy! We'll take off from Venice (northeast Italy), ride through much of the Italian Alps, into Milan, and proceed to make what's basically a giant "S" through the country, ending with an epic 120 mile ride into the coliseum at Rome.

So, this is going to be the home for my "stuff" from those travels. Some of my preparation thoughts, my trip pics, videos, and ideas, and communication back home.

My two oldest kids, Kristia and Ethan, will also be following my journey with their classes (2nd grade and Kindergarten, respectively). Some posts may relate directly to them and their classes.

So, what was once a worthless, unused blog will now be the very busy home of lots of happenings... At least for the next few months. Then I probably won't touch it again for another few years...

No comments: