Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Best Intentions

So, it would only take a not so in-depth review of this blog to recognize that I haven't been posting as regularly as I'd like.  For the two or three of you that might look at this once a month or so, I'm sorry that's you haven't seen anything for the last 4-6 times you've checked!

I truly did intend to use this as an opportunity to post stories about some of the wonderful people that my family and I have had the privilege of being connected with.  However, I started to think about things like privacy and permission and that sort of thing, and all of a sudden it got a bit more complicated...  I then intended to post another "new direction" to re-direct the old "new direction," but it was then that I realized that I didn't yet have a new direction.  So, again, no post.  Then summer came.  We remodeled the basement.  I put the world's tiniest office into our old laundry room.  I celebrated having my very own 4' x 6' space stuffed full of books.  Still no post.  I began to work out some details to potentially publish the book that I had written this past spring on the values of our church.  That took at least an hour or two.  Still no post.  I began to study and then to write the new study guide on the gospel of Mark.  We finished painting and decorating the basement and preparing it for the adventure of homeschooling.  Still no post.  Then the school year actually started.  Things went from busy to... busier.  STILL no post.

So, dear friends, I'm going to try again.  Fair warning--I've failed often enough that you have absolutely no reason to trust me.  I've been reading a bunch, so I'm going to post a few book reviews, as I've already done a few times on this site.  I'll also try to at least give a weekly thought about... something.  If no one cares, I'll completely forgive you for that.  But it would be good discipline, as it appears that I'm lacking in that as it comes to writing these days.

Here goes nothing...

No comments: